Early Head Start Teacher (Full-time)
Statement of the Job: The Teacher is responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation and coordination of the comprehensive education program for their classroom. This position helps deliver an education program that is developmentally appropriate and meets the individual needs of the children as mandated by Head Start, state and local standards. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide high-quality early learning
- Support and provide continuity of care to help children develop secure relationships.
- Attend and participate in training, engage in coaching with your supervisor and develop plans for your own professional development.
- Create home/school connections by developing effective partnerships with families.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field with a minimum of 18 credit hours in early childhood preferred. Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or comparable credential, enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate or bachelor’s degree or willing to enroll in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire, at a minimum.
- Prior experience teaching in an early learning environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Kansas licensing and Head Start Performance Standards a plus.
Statement of the Job: Substitute Teachers provide coverage and support in the classroom as needed due to absence of regular full/part time teachers.
Required Qualifications: Associate or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field with one year’s experience is required.
Statement of the Job: The Office/Kitchen Substitute will provide coverage and support at the front desk or in the kitchen as needed due to absence of regular full/part time employees.
Required Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent and experience in a responsible position is required.
Please download and complete our Employment Application and send with resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Growing Futures Early Education Center
8155 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS 66204
No phone calls please.
WHY WORK AT GROWING FUTURES?
- Exciting Atmosphere: Experience the every day excitement our children have while they learn and grow at school. We pride ourselves on having a safe, encouraging environment for the children, families and staff to come to.
- Career Development & Growth: We offer employees the opportunity to learn and grow through professional development and hands on learning.
- Great Benefits: We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; Short Term and Long Term Disability; Life insurance; 403(b); and GENEROUS PTO including PAID winter and spring breaks.
- Make a Difference: Growing Futures Early Education Center will be a leading center of excellence in the growth and development of young children and support of their families.
- Flexibility: We offer flexible schedules based on departmental needs and flexible days off throughout the School Year.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.