Development & Community Relations Director, Full-time
Statement of the Job: The Development Director serves on the senior management team to provide leadership in fund development activities to meet the program’s objectives and strategic initiatives. You will provide leadership and oversight of a diversified fundraising program including grant writing, an annual giving program, planned giving, corporate giving, special events, and in-kind contributions. You will be responsible for securing financial support for the organization while ensuring all development activities are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and values. The development director will monitor the grants budget, calendar and strategies to generate support from governmental, corporate, community and family foundations. This position has one direct report.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or another related field.
- Prior experience in a fundraising capacity with a proven history of direct solicitation.
- Experience in the areas of grant writing, planned giving, major donor development, and annual fundraising.
- Excellent research skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising databases with the capability to design and provide dashboard reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate a persuasive and compelling case verbally and in writing; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
Early Head Start, Full-time Teachers
Statement of the Job: The Teacher is responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of the comprehensive education program. The Teacher ensures that the education program is developmentally appropriate and meets the individual needs of the children as mandated by Head Start, state and local standards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in child development, early childhood education, or a related field required. A minimum of 18 credit hours in early childhood education preferred.
- 1-3 years teaching in a preschool environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Kansas licensing and Head Start Performance Standards a plus
Statement of the Job: Substitute Teachers provide coverage and support in the classroom as needed due to absence of regular full/part time teachers.
Required Qualifications: Associate or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field with one year’s experience is required.
Statement of the Job: The Office/Kitchen Substitute will provide coverage and support at the front desk or in the kitchen as needed due to absence of regular full/part time employees.
Required Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent and experience in a responsible position is required.
Please download and complete our Employment Application and send with resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Growing Futures Early Education Center
8155 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS 66204
No phone calls please.
WHY WORK AT GROWING FUTURES?
- Exciting Atmosphere: Experience the every day excitement our children have while they learn and grow at school. We pride ourselves on having a safe, encouraging environment for the children, families and staff to come to.
- Career Development & Growth: We offer employees the opportunity to learn and grow through professional development and hands on learning.
- Great Benefits: We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; Short Term and Long Term Disability; Life insurance; 403(b); and GENEROUS PTO including PAID winter and spring breaks.
- Make a Difference: Growing Futures Early Education Center will be a leading center of excellence in the growth and development of young children and support of their families.
- Flexibility: We offer flexible schedules based on departmental needs and flexible days off throughout the School Year.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.